promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Andy asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 months ago

Do you have a high chance of pregnancy at 38?

Odds for 38 year old

6 Answers

Relevance
  • sarah
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

I think the odds start declining once a woman hits 35, but pregnancy can definitely still happen at 38. I have a friend who had her first baby at that age.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Simple fact - if you don't want a baby - use birth control no matter what the age until full menopause is obvious.  (full menopause is one year with no periods at all and usually happens sometime after the age of 50 - although sooner is possible)

The chance of pregnancy at 38 really depends on the couple.  I know of a few people who had a surprise baby after the age of 38 and never used a fertility plan to get pregnant.  

If she is still ovulating and he still has active sperm, then pregnancy is still possible.

• Jill
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Around 30% chance.              

• LizB
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Less than at 28, and even less than at 18, but the vast majority of women have not started menopause by that age so for many it's still possible, though between that and the partner also likely being older that does make the need for fertility treatments more likely. The man's age matters, too, and if her husband is 40 then his sperm count and quality isn't going to be what it was when he was 20.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

well, it depends on if youre in menopause or not. if you are, then no, theres pretty much no chance of getting pregnant. although 38 is pretty young for menopause, it can still happen. id say that you have an okay chance of getting pregnant.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Each woman is different. Same for the man. There is odds or percentage for pregnancy based only on age.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.