how should i react to someone who thinks i'm non white?

about me; i'm aged 42, male and have part Mediterranean ancestry, because my elderly father is from spain, and my mum from the isle of man (manx)....i am white caucasian....but i was in an interaction with someone on youtube last week who thought i wasn't white, when i told them my ancestry and background.

that reaction made me very angry, and i got into a heated online argument and i got very aggressive, but whats the best response to a situation like this in future if i should encounter it?

If they have never met you Ignore them

• JimZ

First of all, there are a lot of trolls on the internet that want nothing but to make you angry so the best thing you can do is disappoint them.  If they care that you don't meet their standard of Lilly White, it is their problem.  I visit the dermatologist regularly.  I just got through a very annoying treatment to remove some sun damage.  I wish I had a little more sun protection but I can't change my genes.  

Different people have different definitions of being "white." For example, some people will accept that Arabs, Pakistanis, Afghans, Syrians and Jews are white, but other people would not. Don't worry about it. We all had ancestors that were black and African 60,000 years ago, whether you are now a European, Asian, African or native American.