I am married, but obsessed with someone else. Help. ?

Favorite Answer

the obsession will pass .... I obsess in my mind over lots of women.

the weather girl and sister in law as well several friends of the family

I also lust over cars I do not own and flight of birds too I cannot do

I even often look at candy bars I should not buy and do not (most of the time) 

--------------

take a hammer hit your self in the knee ... this is to remind you the pain of any action over obsessions will be painful in the act you will regret

• Ocimom

We can't help you.  Seek professional counseling for help if you cannot control your actions.  

The mere fact that you use the word "obsessed", means you are out of control.

Stop seeing and or communicating with the other person immediately. Unless you want to end your marriage, you really need to control your feelings and remove yourself from the situation that could lead you down a very dark path.

If you are not happy in your marriage, do something about it. If you are unable to control yourself and are thinking about stepping out of your marriage, then you should end your marriage first and Save your partner a world of hurt and heartache because you are unable to be in a committed marriage.

• Raja

Since you are married make a strong determination to wipe off that feeling from your mind. This could ruin your marriage. Only you can help yourself the best. You may consult an elderly married relation for guidance .All what you should need is to eliminate this feeling from your mind. Also improve your relationship with your partner.  

What wrong with the guy you married?

Well,you're crazy. you'll end up divorced if you keep it up.

• KTJoe

Have a doctor remove your eyes so to be totally married again..lol. In other words say to obsession " I want to have sex with you" than gauge the reaction.

A common problem.  I am sure that most people have been through this at least once somewhere in their lives.  Recognizing it is the first step.  But fantasy feeds upon itself.  You are only thinking of positives and not the losses.  Go for a holiday with your wife and build some strong positives there so those can help compete with the fantasy girl.

Think of some of the negatives.  Try to find and identify some faults in this other person.  To realize that they are a normal human being with both good and bad.  And seek help from others.  Even from your wife.  She has a strong vested interest in helping you avoid temptation if you indeed WANT to be helped.

This is your problem.

help yourself, or go see a marraige counsellor