Alex asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I’m Shrinking In Height?

I understand the whole spiel of losing height throughout the day, but this isn’t the case. The shortest height I am throughout the day is 5’9”. Today I went to the doctor’s office to discover I’m 5’8.4”instead of the routine 5’9” they always tell me. I’m 19 years old so natural height loss is out of the question. The only thing I could think of is the fact that I’m losing weight, but I wouldn’t see how that would contribute to loss in height. Does anyone have a somewhat explicable answer for this?

• k w

measure yourself twice, once after getting up, and once before you go to bed, so you know you min-max range and it shouldn't be too much difference, probably a half inch difference due to compression in the spine, is quite normal.....

• Chris

Sounds like you are splitting hairs here. It's a half inch and it's the height you have probably been for awhile. 

I'm always taller before I poop

Has your posture changed?