I have been to Canada exchanging a flight and it feel so easy to just walk off the Gate and enter Canada. ?

How easy is to enter Canada for a European?.

Update:

It FELT*. Correction there.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It's actually pretty easy.  Entering Canada isn't so difficult, the difficult part is staying.  That's the sort of hidden security net.

Unless you can find a Canadian resident who will pay for everything you need and want, you'll have to find some sort of employment.  That's the first level of security, because any employer (including yourself if you go into business) is required to pay income taxes to the provincial and federal government.  And trust me, those requirements are serious.  If a single dollar changes hands in Canada, there will be a tax collector who shows up and says "part of that is legally mine".  

Then there's the government services, which are very not free.  Sooner or later you'll attract the attention of law enforcement, and they'll ask to see government issued identification.  When you don't have any, they'll take a very increased interest in you on the spot.  They'll want to know why you don't have any official Canadian ID, and no excuse you offer will fool them.

Even if you're not arrested or stopped in traffic, they'll still get you.  It's only a matter of time until you're sick or injured and require medical attention, at which time you'll be asked to provide a health insurance card.  And again, no number of excuses will help you.  

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Easy enough, but living here as an illegal is exceedingly difficult.  Unlike the USA, there are things in Canada's structure that make living here as an illegal difficult to be sure.

• 1 month ago

You probably need an electronic travel authorization, even just to change planes:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citi...

• 1 month ago

If you arrive in Canada, you present your passport and customs declaration and respond to an immigration officer, explaining your visit.

If you are changing planes and try to leave the hallways, you will be surprised how many security agents appear.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

really ?  i have been many times ..your dreaming

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.