Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Is there any real reason to join the army instead of the air force?

Is there any real reason to join the army instead of the air force other than the old claim "the army is the only branch that lets you pick your MOS?"

If you score over 75 on the ASVAB, you pretty much pick your job in the military.

If you actually want to be in combat then you have a far better chance in the Army. In the USAF the number who actually fight is very small.

• John

I enlisted in the USAF with the understanding that I would go into airborne navigation repair. They sent me to tech school for 12 months and then I repaired systems like those and many more at bases in the US and East Asia.

I'm retired AF currently working with Army as a civilian. I honestly can't think of one reason why I would have changed my initial decision to go USAF. 

• Daniel

If you want to do Army stuff.  The Air Force doesn't have tanks, artillery, or infantry.