promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Christians: When you married your sister/brother, were you inspired to do so because the Bible encourages it, or because you wanted to?

Example: Sons and daughters of Adam and Eve

Update:

Does it not make you want to vomit? Or are you more interested in your cousins? 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

That’s not the weirdest thing in the Bible, there’s a lot worse. In fact, Lot offers his daughters up to a bunch of strangers so they can rape her. And it even mentions killing babies and bashing their heads against rocks. 

• ...Show all comments
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Lot took a stance of complete non-violence, and because of this God protected and saved them, and God prophesying a warning of how people were going to kill their babies and celebrate it (certainly not condoning or commanding it) just shows how screwed up and inhumane ungodly people can be.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You're more inbred than my children are, Einstein. I married a women from the opposite side of the world.

• Otto
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We Christians know that since Moses time incest is a sin against  God.

• 2 months ago

The human family began with just two people, Adam and Eve. They were perfect in every way, so imperfection became more and more fatal to humans as time went on. The oldest man, Methuselah was so nearly perfect that he lived 969 years and was the oldest human to ever live. We are told in the Bible that 1,000 years is as a day to Jehovah God. So, no human has even lived one day according to God's timing. The only way that the earth could begin to be filled with the human family would have to be by means of Adam's children marrying brothers and sisters. As the human body became more and more imperfect, intermarriage of close relatives has become a danger to the offspring. This is now called "incest." The Bible does not encourage this at all. I now invite you to learn more about what the Bible really teaches from the international website, www.jw.org and Bible Teachings > Online Lessons. Jehovah's Witnesses would be happy to help you also. Thank you for this question.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Except the Bible strictly prohibits it, despite whatever sick twisted things you try and infer:

Leviticus 20:17 And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well, personally, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of ANYONE who has married their sibling in modern times, let alone a Christian. Just because something happened in the Bible, doesn’t mean that they have to do it nowadays. For example, when David defeated Goliath, just because that happened then, doesn’t mean it has to happen now. Even though you for some reason believe that we should be off killing giant people with nothing but stones and marrying our siblings, doesn’t mean that that’s what actually has to happen. This is all a misunderstanding, no one actually gets married to their siblings. As for the example of Adam and Eve, how else were there supposed to be more people on the Earth?! It’s not like a couple families will just be sent down in an alien ship and then they can get married. That wasn’t how God wanted it, so that wasn’t how it was supposed to happen. So, don’t even get started that it could have happened another way. Now if that were to happen, when people tried to have kids, they would probably have something wrong with them. But, back then, God made sure that they could successfully reproduce, and then he let them do it without any problems because that was what’s he commanded them to do. In modern times, personally, I would not want to marry my brother, but if God asked me to, I would because I would know that there was a reason, and that it would all turn out fine. But, that doesn’t happen.

• 2 months ago

My sister/ brother married him/ herself.

• Enigma
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You stupid question doesn't make any sense.

• ...Show all comments
    • MeMe MaN2 months agoReport

Then why was the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve allowed to do it? Did God change his mind lol. 

• 2 months ago

Just because siblings got married in the beginning doesn’t make it still okay in today’s times. Back then it was the only way.

• MeMe MaN2 months agoReport

Well at least your honest and not a cherry picker. You’re still crazy. 

• 2 months ago

The logic of atheism strikes again.

• ...Show all comments
    • ScarScar2 months agoReport

Look, we’re all saying they did, you just took it as, well if it’s not happening now, then a whole bunch of people over the course of time have been wrong and they haven’t. Just because we now don’t sacrifice people to Sun gods, doesn’t mean people didn’t do it in ancient times. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.