Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 month ago

Why do so many people still have their Christmas crap up?

The holidays are well over now and I still see Christmas lights in peoples houses a fair bit and not just one or two houses as well as some Christmas trees that are still lit like it’s December. Not trying to sound like the Grinch but why do people still have this crap up when it’s been almost a month since Christmas?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Some people, though not according to the mental illness troll, also get S.A.D.- Seasonal Affective Disorder. The cold and dark of winter are unbearable for some. They keep the lights up and on because Christmas is a happy time of year, even though it's in winter. I didn't know S.A.D. was a thing, but I had a friend in my 20's who went through it. She hated fall and winter. She had a light box to look at, painted a sunny, beachy mural on her wall, and begged her mom for a Christmas tree in her room to keep up until March. 

Winter can be a hard time for a lot of people. They don't like the cold and dark at all, so they keep everything up and lit to chase away the winter blues.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Teva
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I leave mine up all year round. At Christmas it's a Christmas tree, in spring it's a spring tree, in summer etc etc.... What difference does it make?

• CAB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm lazy and I like the ambiance of the tree lights when the other lights are off.

• 1 month ago

Because... it's work. Work to put it up, is fun. Work to take it down, is a drag.

• CAB
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Good point 👍

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.