Why did he ghost me?

We dated for six weeks and probably had sex too soon (after one month). He was the one to initiate it. I never did or said anything wrong and it is very upsetting.

We had several dates at dance bar and in my neighborhood. We were supposed to go to Starbucks and then he blocked me on Instagram and stopped replying to my texts. I literally did not see this coming other than him saying "maybe we can be friends" after sex. Like I said, he initiated it.

• Nitro
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, a lot of guys ghost in this day and age. It's rude and disrespectful, but it happens - and more often than not, it has nothing to do with anything you did or anything that's wrong with you. It has to do with timing and the place the other person is at in his life. Some people start dating before they're really ready for a relationship and at some point, they get scared and run when they feel like they are going to diverge expectations. Others just have a user mentality and just sleep around with multiple women without committing to any of them.

But honestly, you deserve better than someone who would treat you like this. Be thankful he's out of your life because a man like that will never make you happy. You deserve the person who wouldn't risk hurting you.

I know it must be difficult to have a relationship end suddenly for seemingly no reason. You're seeking answers because you're looking for closure. It's best to accept that you will never know why he ghosted you. It could be because he didn't like something about you, it could be because he just wanted sex or a million other reasons. But one thing is certain, he was a coward to not explain himself, a text would have been enough. Just goes to show that you should give trust only to those who've earned it. 

Need more to this story. I have had so many women that I've hooked up with and I've been very clear that it's just dating and we are not in a relationship, yet the women still can never get it through their thick head and they act like they are my wife or something so I just have to cut her off off. but I wouldn't plan to go somwhere and then ghost, you've just fallen for a dirt bag, clearly the fact you care shows that you'r self esteem is the issue here. Any self respecting woman would walk away and never look back

• I'm going out with a new person and friends tonight