Al asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 month ago

Question for everyone who plays power ball?

do you have better luck with quick picks or do you pick the numbers yourself? Also, are you luckier at the super market or gas stations

Despite some perceived perceptions of luck, you have the EXACT SAME CHANCE OF SUCCESS if you choose your number OR the easy pick...  This tends to be the case with all the jackpot winners.

Where you purchase your tickets make no change as well.  However, those who are superstitious tend to purchase from places with recent winners, despite there being no proof in improved lucked.

power ball is bullcrap. waste of money

I do not play power ball very often, but when I have played it I have always chosen quick picks. As a result I can say I have won more with quick picks but my net losses are higher with quick picks. You can decide for yourself which you consider better luck.

Theoretically you are better off picking the numbers yourself, and picking multiple numbers over 31. Because so many people use dates to pick numbers you are less likely to split a jackpot with more numbers over 31, but the odds of winning the jackpot and splitting it with someone else are so low the difference is insignificant. (I believe California still varies payouts for all winning tickets, not just jackpots, so if I were playing in California I would pick my own numbers because the advantage of doing so is more significant.)

I do not consider buying tickets at any type of retailer significant and cannot tell you if I have been luckier with one type of retailer than another.