brooke asked in HealthOptical · 4 weeks ago

Vision is black in one eye when I wake up?

It’s only happened a few times, and happened again last night so I’m curious if anyone has had this happen. It’s not in the morning when I wake up, it’s in the night when I wake up (I don’t sleep good so wake up in the night), I check the time on my phone and one eye has no sight at all (always the left) it’s black. It’s like that eye is closed and the other is open, but they’re both open. I’m only 20 so I’m not sure what could cause this. It does not happen through the day, my vision is very good through the day with no issues. Just the odd time I wake up in the night. It will go back to normal after a few min, it just seems weird. And it’s always the left eye. Has anyone ever had this happen? I had my eyes tested a few months ago and nothing came up. Should I be concerned? Tia 

I think you should be concerned. Probably not something that would be picked up at a routine eye test, so you should see a competent eye doctor and discuss it.