Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 month ago

A shift of one fringe in the Michelson-Morley experiment correspond?

A shift of one fringe in the Michelson-Morley experiment corresponds to a change in the round-trip travel time along one arm of the interferometer by one period of vibration of light (about 2×10−15 s) when the apparatus is rotated by 90◦. Based on the results of Example 2.3, what velocity through the ether would be deduced from a shift of one fringe? (Take the length of the interferometer arm to be 11 m.)

corresponds to page 44-46 file:///C:/Users/me/Downloads/Modern%20Physics%20(3rd%20Ed)/Modern%20Physics%20(3rd%20Ed)(gnv64).pdf

heres a solution I don't understand 

https://www.slader.com/textbook/9781118061145-mode...

A file whose path contains "C:/" is not accessible to anyone not on your computer.

As for the slader solution, what's not to understand? It's just math. I presume your Example 2.3 gives you a value of L (but maybe it's delta t). Plug and chug.

• dustin4 weeks agoReport

They have the answer ********. so of course they can plug and chug. seems you don't know how to do the problem and just wanted points. oh **** which is why you answered anonymous