Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 months ago

how long do you have to wait before going on maternity again when in employment?

I live in the UK. I went on Maternity with my first born in August 2019, I am due to return May 2020 (9 months maternity). Me and my partner wish to have another child, however I don't want to lose my job as its not far from my house and the hours are ideal BUT how long do I have to wait in order to entitled to another bout of maternity leave, how long do I have to be in employment before I leave for maternity leave again?

I work in admin and I have been working here 2 years (including the maternity leave) and have a contract.

• edward

Where i work it’s 6 months full time. They pay for maternity/paternity under the impression you’re coming back, if i didn’t come back after paternity they have the ability to recall all the money they paid me for paternity leave