Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Advice please ?

Girlfriend got mad cause my son was being a bit to rough with her son. Yet she does not really address her sons actions when he hits my son.. I dont ever get upset because kids are kids. Yet she legit got upset when I never have..I find it hypocritical.. I was going to bring up what her son has done but that is not me. I feel some kind of way that I cant explain. Like the way it seems like she would probably hold that and possibly act different towards my son.. I dont know my son is no angel and hers is not either not judging in any way.. what would you have done?? To an extent I kinda feel like calling it quits... I don't react that way when her son does something to mine yet it becomes a big issue when mine does something... advice please...

• PR

Talk with your son and ask him to try to be a little less rough. If it happens again, talk with her and let her know how you feel.

If talking with her does't work, then you know what you need to do. This would not get better if you either got married, or made this permanent in any other way. It needs to be discussed, now.

Unfortunately, you will need to be proactive in things to do with your own child/children, and also in communication with someone as important as a girlfriend. Communication is key.

• edward

Throw it back in her face.

Its time you plan some father-son-son trip, try to bond the kids, do some activities together, explain if you both parents are going to live together then kids need to feel the brotherly bond, and look after each other.