Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 weeks ago

Is it wrong for my brother to be friends with someone who sexually assaulted me?

Update:

He’s aware of it and doesn’t think it’s a big deal I love him but it hurts

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Absolutely wrong and disgusting.

• Login to reply the answers
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

With no details of the incident, we can't offer a valid thought on this . For a reason that we don't understand, your bro sees the incident as less important / traumatic than you do.   There's a HUGE definition problem with "sexual assault" and "rape."  Some would say that an unexpected and VERY rude butt pinch is rape, (which leaves no word for rape) and athletes (most commonly men) butt slapping during various events being called "assault."  We don't know what happened that APPARENTLY causes your bro to not see the incident as "sexual assault."   

• ko4 weeks agoReport

Why would a brother be friends with a guy who pinched his sister ****?

• Raja
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Since he is aware of the incident it is wrong for him to maintain friendship with him.

• 4 weeks ago

Something like that happened to me.  My sister went out with a guy who she was well aware had sexually assaulted me.  After all these years my sister is still an *** and she was always gay she only went out with guys to use and ruin their life...she is good at destruction.  I don't really have anything to do with her now or when I was younger.

Does your brother make a point of doing things to hurt you...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Yea that’s not cool thumbs down 👎🏽 that’s wack

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The first question is if you have reported the assault; you should.

We all, at times, find ourselves drawn to unlikely friends; but your brother, at the very least, should insist that his friend apologises to you.

It certainly cannot be called ‘no big deal’

• 4 weeks ago

I think he is part of rape culture, if he is friends with men that assault women and threat them like nothing happened.

• 4 weeks ago

Of course it is wrong. I suppose you will just have to let him go his own way and you go yours. There isn't any excuse in this.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, it's wrong. He's your brother and that means he's your blood. Blood should always come first before anything else. Loyalty toward family is very important and your brother is betraying that familial bond. However, you can't force someone to understand that and clearly your brother is putting his friendship with this person who assaulted you before his relationship with you. It's also pretty concerning that he thinks sexual assault is not a big deal. 

• Atiquah4 weeks agoReport

You just restored my faith humanity. Thank you.

• 4 weeks ago

It's disloyal which is not an admirable quality. If he brings the person to your home, then yes, it is wrong as it disregards your feelings of safety and well being.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.