Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Is calf liver really healthy for you?

Hi, so i just some there that i had frozen for 2 weeks because of so called " scary pathogens" lol but i do it anyways because i cant always afford fresh liver. It is grass fed from a farm. I cut it into little bite sites and man!! My body tingles when i eat it. I feel alert also. Why is this? I don't like cooked liver because heat destroys the nutrient content. plus it taste horrible when cooked. At least when its raw it has the blood in there to make it easier to swallow. I eat 8oz a week. I'm extremely anemic so that is why I'm eating this more than ever right now, also I'm low iron b12 etc. I hope this works. Thanks 

Thawing out meat that's been frozen or organs, isn't harmful. Freezing preserves foods. And i don't know anyone who eats raw organ meat, but if you do, you do. I will tell you i eat raw grass fed ground beef. I don't see where there would be a huge difference. + organ meats are extremely healthy

Why not just get chicken breasts

• Wendigo
      4 weeks agoReport

While healthy, chicken breast doesn't begin to compare on a nutritional scale, when compared to beef liver. Chicken liver actually surpasses the breast meat, by a long shot. The beef liver has double the total overall nutrients, in significant amounts.

• Rick

compared TO WHAT ???  paving bricks  ??? yep, it is ..............

Typical "Carnivore" post. You're not carnivore!!!!!! You were made to eattttt plants!!!! Vegan for life ♥️, i cannot wait for when the government ban your meat one day with the help of us pushing our "Agenda" 😒🤬🙎💅🏻

• Wendigo
      4 weeks agoReport

Humans are neither carnivores nor herbivores, but rather omnivores. A fact that MOST vegans, and strict vegetarians will tell you, is the truth.

I'm jealous that you can even eat that 😑 i don't like the taste of liver i cant do it haha. Yes liver is the most nutritional food you can get your hands on. It's full of all the B vitamins, thiamine -B1, Riboflavin-B2, Niacin -B3, Phantothenic acid -B5. vitamin B6, floate, B12, iron, copper, selenium, vitamin A retinol - (excellent for eyes) magnesium, potassium, zinc, choline, omega 3, vitamin K2, vitamin C-D-K-E. Molybdenum, Phosphorus, chromium, the list goes on lol there is so many benefits to eating liver. Keep doing what you're doing. Just remember these vitamin and minerals need balanced out by others so please eat other fruits etc in your diet. Reap the benefits my man.