Is it possible to "purposely" slow down Drastic DS emulator emulation?

There's a button on Drastic DS emulator that allows you to speed up emulation. This is especially useful when used to get past annoying unskipable tutorials. However I was wondering if it's also possible to "purposefully" slow down emulation so its easier to see certain things. For example I'm playing Bowser's Inside Story right now. I'm having an extremely difficult time having the buttons respond in time to have Mario and Luigi hit the Nerve Single balls at Bowser's Muscles to get him to lift things. Would it be possible for me to slow down emulation so I can take my time hitting the signal balls.

I don’t think there’s a feature for it, but you could probably cause the game to lag by turning on a bunch of things that the emulator recommends you don’t, like highest quality sound and no frame skip.