Rank from largest to smallest.?
Six objects are placed in a 500 oF (260 oC ) oven and allowed to reach thermal equilibrium. Each object has a mass of 1.0 kg. The specific heat and thermal conductivity of each substance are denoted by c and k.
Wooden cutting board
k=220 J /(s*m*C)
Glass casserole dish
Well done steak
1) When removing the objects from the oven, you accidentally touch each one with your hand. Rank these objects on the basis of how hot they feel. Rank from largest to smallest. To rank items as equivalent, overlap them.
2) Each of the objects is immediately dunked in an identical tub of cold water. The tubs are quickly sealed and insulated. Rank the objects on the basis of their temperature on reaching equilibrium with the water. Rank from largest to smallest. To rank items as equivalent, overlap them.
- Anonymous4 weeks agoFavorite Answer
1) higher "k" value feels hotter
2) higher "c" value makes the water warmer