the thought of going to school for 10+ years makes me uncomfortable and I dont know how to deal with it?

I am in high school and not really sure as to what career I want to pursue, but I know I want one that pays well. I know those jobs often have a requirement of a lot of years in college/ universities.. but I really dont like the idea of it. Ideally, Id like to graduate and get a job by 25, but if its based on the process on being a doctor or something, it'd probably be at around 30.. Its just really weird and I dont like the thought of it. How do I cope lol

• Judy

your decision...............

• Teva

In 10 years most jobs will have probably gone to A.I. even doctors and lawyers. Even prostitutes will probably be out of a job 😂 If you wanna make good money in the future, you might want to think outside the box.....that is if making money is still a thing.

You're young. Let things fall into place, maybe take a gap year. Adults change career path so much, it's quite normal to be unsure of what you want to do. My niece is currently in high school and trust me, the pressure that high school enforces about choosing a career path is ridiculous and unnecessarily stressful. I'm currently working in business however have an unpracticed law degree from when I thought I wanted to be a lawyer. Sure it may have wasted time but I'm now in a good career with a good and stable income. Sucks how it took me two whole degrees to realise... but that's life. Enjoy your teens and don't stress, it's not worth it. I really recommend the gap year which during you can do short courses or work experience in different fields to get an idea of what you'd actually like doing. I thought I'd enjoy law but once I started, it was different to what I expected and hated it. 

Edited for spelling error.

repeat after me.....welcome to mcdonalds.

• GA41

Live one day at a time>--->"34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.(Matthew 6:34)"