promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I want to save paper but for some reason it will still print on just one side even if I press the option for both sides.?

Putting 2 for "pages per sheet" doesn't fix this either (it will then put two tiny copies of the page on one side) 

Update:

YES MY PRINTER IS SET UP FOR DUPLEX PRINTING

Attachment image

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The "double sided" facility resets each time a new item is printed.

Copy and duplicate the page in your document, so the document itself contains two copies.

Or if it's a PDF, use a PDF combiner to put two copies in the same file.

That way, each time its printed it will use both sides before it resets for the next item.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

look for "print front and back" -- this works, however, only on printers that have this capability and you didn't tell us what printer you have ...

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It should work. Check you don’t have two versions of the printer installed. On my system there is an entry for Canon MG6850 and Canon MG6850 WS. Ensure the changes in the printer driver you make is the one you are printing from

• 2 months ago

Do you actually have two pages to print?

If you are printing two copies of the document, and the document is one page, then you'll get two pages printed. 

printing two pages per sheet applies to one side only -- unless you have more than two pages.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If your printer is not capable of Duplex Printing (two sides printing) you can do nothing with the print dialog to make it so. 

What printer are you using?  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.