My computer wake up while I close the lid?

After I used my computer I closed my lid one night then I went to sleep. When I wake up next morning I hear the fan in my computer in running while the lid still closed. Is it malware how to fix it

• David

Your computer has very detailed power settings. Among them is what to do when the lid is closed. The default action (annoyingly) is that the computer will go to sleep. That is one of the FIRST settings I change on all laptop computers. I make sure that on a/c power and on batter power, the computer is set to do "NOTHING" when the lid is closed.

Check your power settings...

Check the power settings for the option of what to do when the lid is closed.  You either want it to sleep or hibernate or shut down.  

Click Start, choose Control Panel, and then choose System and Security. Choose Power Options and then select Choose What Closing the Lid Does from the left pane. 

take it to a computer store and have them fix it

• George

Always turn the power off yourself before closing the lid. Do you close the door of a car and expect it to go to sleep!