muffin asked in HealthOptical · 1 month ago

How to find out my Prescription for contacts prescription? My glasses right eye -7.50 left eye -8.00?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You cannot derive your contact lens prescription from just the dioptre power of your spectacle lenses.

A contact lens eye examination determines not just the dioptre power for each eye (which may be a little different to your spectacle prescription) but it also determines the lens diameter and the base curve measurement. More importantly it also checks that your eyes are healthy enough and moist enough to support lens wearing, and the exact type and brand of lens you must use. It can even dictate which exact brand of lens cleaning fluid you should use. The final part is the fitting of a trial pair of lenses which match what then optometrist discovered. Occasionally, some people react badly to certain brands and exact lens products.

Using the wrong contact lenses can do serious and permanent eye damage. So if you want to wear contact lenses, even if they’re just cosmetic lenses, then you need to book an appointment with a contact lens practitioner.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Even if I tell you what power that should be in contacts , we still won't know what base curve you should be wearing in contacts or which brand will work best for you.

You need to see an optometrist for a contact lens exam to begin with . THAT is how you find your contact lens prescription and the brand that will work best for you.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.