Help fixing tv?

I plugged my tv into a socket meant for a AC unit I think this may have overpowered the Tv and blew it out. It wont turn on anymore. i dont want to get rid of it or buy a new one so I would like to attempt to fix it. Ive never fixed a tv before but im familiar with fixing computers. I did a little research and was wondering if I replaced the motherboard or power supply if the tv would work again. Any advice is appreciated.

Btw i switched the power cord with another one from a different tv I own and it still wouldn't turn on so thats not the problem

Take a hammer to the front of it. I know a guy who did it when he was a baby and he did just fine.

• ron h

ARE YOU USING THE POWER BUTTON ON THE TV?   Not on the remote, but on the TV?  Take a lamp or toaster to the outlet you're using-check to see that the outlet is working.  LOOK ALL OVER THE ROOM FOR switches or a thermostat that might turn off power to that outlet.   If the outlet looks upside down, it's switched. Even it it's not upside down, it could be switched. 

If the cord plugs straight into the wall with no adapter, then you didn't run the wrong voltage into the TV.   If you DID find some kind of adapter that would let you plug a regular lamp / TV cord into an outlet that does NOT LOOK like the one you plug your cell ph charger into, you've likely killed the TV   I don't recall seeing any kind of fuse or breaker on the outside of a TV.   You MIGHT find instructions  on the internet for troubleshooting a dark screen, but I'm not optimistic.  TV's have gotten cheap in the last few years and REALLY cheap on craigslist. 

I fixed few TVs in the old days when there was no flat TV screens. Flat TVs consume much less power than old TVs. Usually these TVs has one main board that hold all its electronic components. You might check the power supply section on the main board. A fuse might go off or those big large electrolytic capacitors in the power supply area might burst. Beware these capacitors hold electric charge that may give you electric shock. Usually when they fail they get swollen or rupture, and you can physically see.

First unplug the tv, open the housing, check fuse first, if fine than check these capacitors, discharge them by shorting their terminals with your long nose pliers or piece of wire across its terminals. The capacitors terminals are soldered down to the board. You need to find exactly the terminals on the soldering side (bottom) of the board. Discharge it, and then desolder it to take out. If it looks fine physically check it electrically with your multimeter to charge it and measure its charged voltage.

An analogue multimeter is good for this job. Use the ohmmeter to charge the capacitor, and then use its voltage meter to check if it can hold the charge. Hope you the best

Take it to a TV repair shop. 

i would just take it somewheres and have them fix it

• Bill

How did the plug fit in a 220 socket? You should get that rewired.

• keerok

Computers are modular. They are meant to be fixed by their users. TVs aren't. Parts aren't that readily available and if you ever find one, it may either be the wrong part that should be replaced or it will cost more than buying a new TV instead. Good luck!

Change the source of your TV. probably what burned.

They sell on Amazon it is important to know how to solder with iron. and keys to open the TV.