Is there anything other/better than AdBlock Plus to keep advertising from intruding on a PC?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

AdBlock

Adblock Plus

AdBlocker for YouTube

Allow Right-Clck

Ghostery

HTTPS Everywhere

I don't care about cookies

Privacy Possum

Stop AutoPlay

uBlock Origin

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

"AdGuard Adblocker" works perfectly for me, I never see anything.

• 4 weeks ago

Sorry, if I make a mistake, but maybe it would be better to try to buy(or use free) some nice antivirus that includes adware protection? You could search for some reviews of those, read some tops and user feedbacks. For example, here is listed some antiviruses that include strong adware protection feature https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-anti-spyware/. That is better, you'd also have the protection from other viruses types.

• 4 weeks ago

Adblock Ultimate is the best.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If you're up for the somewhat challenge (depending on your tech skills), you can setup a Pi Hole adblocker. This is a network-wide adblocker. It doesn't block all ads, especially YT ads, but it does got most other ones. On my PCs I usually run ABP or UBlock Origin. Both are pretty good ad blockers.

• George
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I prefer Ublock Origin myself because it's more customisable in my opinion. Since installing it both on my PC and on my Android phone, I don't get any adverts. I think that says it all really!

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes get yourself Linux get off of Windows and install Linux there is far less ads on Linux then there is on Windows

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

ABP does a decent job for me. It doesn't catch all but it's all about doing your own part too. Don't click Yes to every question that pops up in the browser, set your browser permissions strictly, and don't go visiting dubious sites. Anything better would mean you'll have to pay for it already.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

MANY of those pop-ups are triggered by cookies buried somewhere on YOUR HDD, so give it a good cleaning and see if that helps .................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.