Is there anything other/better than AdBlock Plus to keep advertising from intruding on a PC?

Favorite Answer

AdBlock

Adblock Plus

AdBlocker for YouTube

Allow Right-Clck

Ghostery

HTTPS Everywhere

I don't care about cookies

Privacy Possum

Stop AutoPlay

uBlock Origin

"AdGuard Adblocker" works perfectly for me, I never see anything.

Sorry, if I make a mistake, but maybe it would be better to try to buy(or use free) some nice antivirus that includes adware protection? You could search for some reviews of those, read some tops and user feedbacks. For example, here is listed some antiviruses that include strong adware protection feature https://thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-anti-spyware/. That is better, you'd also have the protection from other viruses types.

Adblock Ultimate is the best.

If you're up for the somewhat challenge (depending on your tech skills), you can setup a Pi Hole adblocker. This is a network-wide adblocker. It doesn't block all ads, especially YT ads, but it does got most other ones. On my PCs I usually run ABP or UBlock Origin. Both are pretty good ad blockers.

• George

I prefer Ublock Origin myself because it's more customisable in my opinion. Since installing it both on my PC and on my Android phone, I don't get any adverts. I think that says it all really!

Yes get yourself Linux get off of Windows and install Linux there is far less ads on Linux then there is on Windows

• keerok

ABP does a decent job for me. It doesn't catch all but it's all about doing your own part too. Don't click Yes to every question that pops up in the browser, set your browser permissions strictly, and don't go visiting dubious sites. Anything better would mean you'll have to pay for it already.

• Rick

MANY of those pop-ups are triggered by cookies buried somewhere on YOUR HDD, so give it a good cleaning and see if that helps .................