Anonymous

Question about accuplacer test for college.....?

I want to go to college to become a nurse but will have to take an accuplacer test before I can go. I know I probably won’t pass the math portion of it, so will I have to take a whole semester of or before I can actually start nursing program or can I take the math and nursing program at the same time????

Please don’t say ask someone because I’m planning to but want to know now before I speak to someone about it because I don’t know when I can get in for an appointment...

It you don't demonstrate the required level of mastery in math you will have to take as many semester of remedial math as needed to get you to the point where you can do the math expected in the BSN program.  It sup to the BSM admissions staff as to whether or not a student is allowed into the BSN program if they still need courses to qualify.  

• Stella

In the majority of schools you can be admitted to "pre nursing" meaning that you'll be taking prerequisites for the actual nursing program.

So you can just take whatever math you need along with those courses.

It might set you back a little because you might need to finish the math class before you can enroll in certain of those prerequisites like chemistry.