Why don't medical professionals use super glue to seal cuts when it is common knowledge that super glue is the best thing to seal cuts?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I had open heart surgery 2 years ago.  My chest incision was closed with glue.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They already do.  It's a special medical grade glue, but it's commonly used in most hospitals.

• 1 month ago

because they can use other procedures and charge more....

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I thought it was invented during the Vietnam war for that very use, quickly sticking together battle field wounds rather than stitching when in a dangerous position.

Which is why , it's better at sticking your fingers together than actaully repairing things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

ever had cyanoacrylate dropped onto your hand?,,it buuurrns like hell

• 1 month ago

Common knowledge is often DEAD WRONG.

That said, there are glues that ARE used by medical professionals as 'liquid bandages' for lacerations that can be treated in that manner.

Most cuts serious enough to require professional treatment are not small enough for such treatment.

• 1 month ago

There is medical grade "super glue".  The one J&J makes is called Dermabond.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Friend they actually do use a form of super glue in surgery and in cuts I have included a picture of medical grade super glue it's the exact same chemical!

Attachment image
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They use it in some surgeries.

• 1 month ago

They do. It's called "tissue adhesive".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.