Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

So I got in trouble for using my cellphone at work.. have you?

I got in trouble the 1st time from my store manager and she got very upset and now it's the second time I gotten in trouble and this time from another manager who was aware of my 1st incident omg it feels so bad when you get in trouble have you ever been caught using your cellphone while at work and gotten consequences from it?

• Clive

No, because I'm not as stupid as you are. When I'm at work, I do my work.

The employer has the right to make rules about using cell phones. I haven't worked anywhere which totally forbade mobile telephones. But in some circumstances if someone rang me I might not answer, or I might briefly answer that I am working and I would ring back.Or I would insist on a text message.

Everybody may need to be contactable even while they are at work. Before cell phones family members may have to ring the person's workplace, and another employee might have to take a message and run around trying to find the worker.

If your boss totally forbids the use of cell phones then he may have to accept this consequence. But if you work somewhere where cell phones are allowed then the employee should ensure that it doesn't interfere with their work.

• Murzy

Leave your phone in your purse or jacket.

One more time and you are out of a job.

just leave it home and then you wont have to worry about getting in trouble

• Carson

Employers frown on paying you to stay in contact or entertain yourself while they are paying you for it.

If H.R. doesn't have your time card this time, they will the next time. That means "I've been fired. OMG I was just using my cell. It's so unfair!"

If it feels so bad to you, why do you continue to do it? You clearly didn't learn the first time, so it couldn't have been that bad for you.

I have not gotten in trouble for using my phone at work because we're not allowed to and I don't. Other people do get written up occasionally though.

Nope.  We’re allowed to have cell phones at work. We can listen to music, play games, watch movies, surf the web, read emails, text, talk. We can do whatever we want as long as it doesn’t interfere with our work. We have a lot of downtime so we need to entertain ourselves. 

• Ron

I've got in trouble for using got and gotten too many times in a paragraph