promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Describe to me preppy clothing. I don’t mean brand names I mean the kind of clothing one would wear.?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • liz
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Preppy clothing is often in colours like white, navy blue, pastel colours and red.  The term comes from American prep schools and the clothing emphasises education and professional success.  Preppy clothing includes leather belts, silk scarves, jewellery, blazers, a jacket and white trainers, camel coloured jumpers, pleated skirts, ankle length white jeans, oversized buttons, burgundy polo shirts, tan boots, smart sunglasses, basically traditional and smart looking clothes. 

Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I love the website lookbook.nu which you can select types of styles i.e. street, prep, party, grunge, etc. You can search pieces, and choose between male or female fashion.

I'm not fashionable but the site helped especially when I was a teenager and didn't know what to put together I'd look up an item I couldn't style and see how other people did and use similar pieces in my wardrobe to bring the outfit together. Really handy!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.