What makes a neighborhood look “nice”?

This is sort of vague and subjective I guess, but I’m wondering what about a nice looking neighborhood makes it look nice. I’ve come up with things like matching mailboxes, similar landscaping, matching style of houses. I’m just curious what other people would say makes an area “nice”. And I’m talking about just the houses and lots themselves, not amenities or location. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

A neighborhood looks nice when the houses and landscaping is nicely maintained, without junk lying around, toys left outside, etc. And fences should be an upgrade from chain link ones, which look cheap and are a poor choice because they offer no privacy.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

I like landscaping.. I don't like "matching homes & matching mailboxes.. I prefer each home to have it's own look.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

when the people that live there are nice

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

painted, grass cut, flower gardens and shrubs well maintained, yards neat not with junk around. Many people would not consider the things you mentioned as looking nice - would often be considered a negative.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't like too much "sameness" and that's not what makes a nice neighborhood.

Well maintained, landscaped, trees and flowers, no visible trash, safe without window bars, good public schools, not overly crowded.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

NO junk cars OR trucks in the yard ...........................

• 1 month ago

No weeds growing out of the cracks in the sidewalk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.