dumb
Lv 6
dumb asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 4 weeks ago

Do you think the Virginia governor is going to far in his restrictions on legally held guns?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

If he wants less crime in his state, then, yes, he's gone too far!

OTOH, if he wants crime to soar get rid of the guns.

A long-running feud between two Nevada families came to a head when a participant in the feud entered a bar and grill and began shooting into a crowd of 300 patrons. Police say the gunman killed two brothers and wounded two other people. When he stopped to reload, a patron with a concealed carry permit saw a chance to intervene. The patron drew his pistol and fired, killing the gunman and preventing further bloodshed. (Reno Gazette-Journal, Reno, NV, 05/26/08)

According to White County, Tenn., Sheriff Oddie Shoupe, a man was leaving a home he’d just burglarized when he encountered the homeowner, Keith Gurtley, on the front porch. The sheriff explained, “This burglar coming out of the house asked Mr. Gurtley, ‘Can I help you?’ and Mr. Gurtley said, ‘Yes, you’re in my house, bud.’” That’s when the intruder reached for the stolen pistol in his waistband. “Don’t do it,” Gurtley said, drawing his 9mm. When the suspect failed to comply, Gurtley, who holds a concealed-carry permit, shot and killed him. “I’m afraid that if Mr. Gurtley had not been armed, he would be the one dead,” the sheriff said, adding he’s seen an increase in residents with carry permits. “They’re tired of having to be afraid of all the criminals out there.” (Herald-Citizen, Cookeville, TN, 05/16/08)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

You mean in declaring an emergency and preventing firearms at a protest, just because someone got killed last time? I'm not sure... but was it your sister who was killed in Charlottesville? It is easier to ban guns than testosterone.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

i would hope not

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's going to get worse once the demographics change. If anything, this is a sign of things to come. Part of me hopes we can peacefully separate before any bloodshed comes to pass. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Joseph
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

A crystal clear violation of the 2nd amendment. Thus unconstitutional and unlawful.

• ...Show all comments
    • Joseph
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

'Such as within the home ' NOT exclusively in the home. A classic example of someone seeing only what they want to see. FAIL.

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Of course, that's what Democrats have been itching to do for decades. For some reason they decided now was the time to start trampling the 2nd Amendment. I predict that it will severely backfire in several ways.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No.   Based on the past he is doing the right thing. 

• 4 weeks ago

I don't know. Nothing ever happens in a gun free zone.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.