Need help with my laptop.?

Hello again. So I really need help I have a Dell Latitude D360 or D365 laptop with me atm. I’ve had it for a while now. The last time I used it was I think 2 years ago and my stupid butt has changed the password to the login. So I need help what do I do? Do I just very casually press the rest password button and will it work? Or... do I have to get rid... please tell me how I can get back in and rest the password. Please please please!?

Take it to the Geek Squad @ Best Buy.  They can figure anything out.

A good tech can fix this easily.  First, do you have the Admin password? THis would allow you easy access to change the password to your main account.  If not, then you might look into a password reset disk, like Nordahls Password Reset Disk.  It allows you to boot to an external source and change the password from there. Lastly, there is a way to use the Ease of Access Manager and a Cmd prompt to change the password, but it is a bit technical.  If you are up to it, and have a bootable disk such as a Windows Install disk, then you can find the instructions here:

https://www.infopackets.com/news/9483/how-reset-an...

If it's Windows 10 what you need to do is turn it off and turn it on and turn it off and turn it on and turn it off and turn it on about 7 times in a row and that will make the automatic recovery console start when you finally get into the recovery console you're going to choose troubleshooting and then you're going to choose reset this PC you're going to choose erase my files if you don't choose that option it won't erase the password but once you choose reset this PC and start the process in about an hour or two you'll have a factory fresh computer.

• AngelicaA1 month agoReport

It’s a window 7 sadly.