Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Breaking up with girlfriend because she doesn't want sex?

Is this rape or anything like that?  I mean according to 

https://sapac.umich.edu/article/sexual-assault-mis... says that consent must be given without coercion and coercion includes threatening to end a relationship.So does that seriously mean if my girlfriend doesn't want sex, i still have to be in a relationship with her?  If I tell her that I'm breaking up with her, could I seriously land in jail for "rape"?  

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Break up if she doesn't want to back it up now it'll get worse with time. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you actually do break up with her because you've decided you're not compatible, then obviously it's not rape or assault. You can end the relationship any time you want to, and for any reason you want to. If you use the *threat* of breaking up with her to bully her into sex, then that is coercive rape, and that is what the article is talking about. Coercive rape is a recognized form of abuse, just so you know.

Why would you want to have sex with someone who wasn't enthusiastic about it, anyway? If she's just going to kind of lie there wishing you'd hurry up and get it over with while you're pumping away not caring about her feelings or pleasure, then that's just f***ed up, bro.

• 1 month ago

You don't have to be in a relationship with anyone, But why whine and moan and get all pissy when a woman doesn't feel like having sex or if she's not emotionally prepared to have sex with you?

It's wrong to try to convince anyone to do something they don't want to do, no matter what it is. I'm sure everyone has experienced something like this, even if it wasn't about sex. Because some people just have no regard for others at all! Or their feelings.

If you're in a relationship with someone, and aren't comfortable about it, and aren't receiving what you want, then move ON. NO you can't land in jail for rape if you've never raped anyone. If your girlfriend doesn't want to have sex she doesn't. So that's the end of that.

You have just put it out there that all women are good for is sex, according to you. Thank you for the warning.

• ...Show all comments
    • and she won't do it, then he has nobody to have sex with.

If he still is friends with her, then he does have feelings for her.

Or if you ever heard of a lil thing called a "one night stand" or maybe "friends with benefits" that is sex without a relationship or marriage.

You're a hypocrite

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Rape is having sex without consent. if you haven't had sex with your girlfriend, you haven't raped her. You can break up at any time, for any reason, if that's what you want.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • :)
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Don’t tell her that you’re dumping her due to sex then. Just say that you don’t feel compatible anymore. Say anything.

• 1 month ago

Breaking up with her is fine. Using threats of a breakup to badger her into sex is not.

• ...Show all comments
    • 熊冰冰
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

You seriously don't know the difference between taking no for an answer and then breaking up and threatening someone?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.