Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Give me reasons why I should let my parents and child's father be in my baby's life and there for her birth?

I live in a rooming house and now have to go to a shelter with my baby to get help hopefully with transitional housing or to get on my feet. It's messed up because my parents won't take me in and my child's father still lives with his mom and didn't get the apartment for us like he promised when I first found out I was pregnant. They all claim to love me and my child yet I'm going to a shelter, what type of love is that? Meanwhile they're comfortable in their living situations while I'm in a freaking shelter feeling like I have nobody and feeling low and bad. So why should I let them be there when she's born or in her life? They don't care where I go with the baby so why do they want to be in her life? It's foul and I'm hurt and angry. 

It sounds to me like you have a victim complex going on, and quite frankly it needs to stop NOW!

You made the choice to have unprotected sex with boyfriend, and you also made the choice after to raise the baby! These are decisions both of you made, both without being ready to be parents (ie jobs, a place to live, ability to pay bills), now these are the consquences you are facing! It is not up to your parents to provide a roof over your head, once you became an adult any legal obligation they had towards you ended!

Time to be an adult here.

While you can push your parents away and make them not allowed to be around you and the kid, you can't do that to the father. The only thing you can do is take the dad to court and file for custody. Then it's up to a judge whether he grants the father any custody or even visitation. But as long as he is a good person, it's likely the judge will grant him something. Most likely shared custody. The dad has the same rights to the child as you do.

cause the child's father has a right to visitation is why

• mokrie

And this is why marriage always came before a baby. See what all the loss of morals has done?

• ..

Seems like you know the answer, anyway........

Being at the birth is for close/caring parents and the father.