Should I dress in a way that people might find weird?

I'm a socially awkward 22 year old guy who doesn't have any friends and isn't in a relationship and never has been. I like to paint my nails and wear eyeliner and chokers sometimes, but not all the time. My uncle and mom have told me that people won't want to associate with me if I dress like this, and me dressing like that is probably why dates I've gone on wearing those things didn't work out.

I know that other people dress in this way and they're able to have friends and a social life. This non binary person I went on a date with wore women's wigs and clothes in public and they were able to have a social life and friends. Are my mom and uncle right? Should I conform to gender roles so that people will like me and I won't be lonely anymore?

I don't know what you "should" But hon, chokers went out in the 90s

If you want to date girls then i guess you could conform a little more to societal standards? I don't know what else to say

Justin I would dress any way that pleased you. People will either like you 

or they won't and what have you lost?

If you don't want friends then dress weird

• Murzy

People from the gay community will want to associate with you.