promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are many people still against transgenders? If you can change your hair color and skin color why not your gender right?

Many people change their hair color and skin color. They dye their hair, they tan or bleach their skin and nobody says anything but when someone wants to change their gender it suddenly becomes a big deal. Why would anybody care what someone does with their own body?? It’s your body, your choice. If you can change your hair color and skin color then you can change your sex as well. Period.

Me a Straight Ally that supports Transgenders πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆΒ 

β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Personally, I don't care. Or rather, I will support trans people's right to transition until a better method of alleviating dysphoria is found.

The reason that transsexuality and transition are frowned upon is because they go against our most basic status quo as a society. The West has undergone severe changes in the last few years in how we view and navigate around gender roles, to now almost introduce sex as something fluid is very radical to most. The normalization of transition is a sign of change. So rather, people look down upon it, not only because of their bigotry and transphobia, but because it represents a path we as humans are taking that is scary; uncharted territory.

Trust me: people used to be very upset with neon-colored hair or tattoos too.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

We do not change gender, we change our bodies, to match our genders.

• 2 months ago

We do not change gender, we change our bodies, to match our genders.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is a big difference between changing one's hair color and their whole identity. It is so much more than a new style. It is their whole life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • "If you can change your hair color and skin color why not your gender right?"

False premise.

Trans people don't change their gender, they change their body to match their gender.

Most people are born with a gender identity programmed into their brain that matches their body, transsexual people aren't, that's what transsexualism is. This leads to a life of pain and misery as their body feels profoundly wrong and people never see them as the gender they truly are. When trans people transition they are correcting the mismatch they were born with and affirming their inborn gender identity.

http://forum.beginninglifeforums.com/index.php/t/1...

Next, gender (gender identity of the brain) and sex (the shape and function of the body) are separate things.

Next. "transgender" and "transsexual" are adjectives, not nouns (see below).

Next, to answer your question, it's because of four main reasons. First, being trans is reasonably rare, representing only about 0.6% of the population. Second, in the past trans people who were able to transition were counseled to disappear back into society. Third, we don't teach children about the natural diversity within our species, so most people are completely in the dark about intersex and transsexual people. Last, unscrupulous religious and political leaders take advantage of this to scapegoat trans people for their own personal gain.

Attachment image
    Source(s): me-woman who as born transsexual
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.