Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Is painful sex during early pregnancy normal? ?

I recently found out that I am pregnant. I took an at home pregnancy test that was positive and followed up by taking two more which were also positive. I have an appointment to 100% confirm it with the doc in a few days. This is my first pregnancy so I’m not really sure what to expect. I have had a lot of cramping, they feel very similar to period cramps but only last a few minutes, a couple times a day. My partner and I recently engaged in sex and it hurt so bad. I felt extreme cramping and felt like I could throw up. The pain lasted for about ten minutes after intercourse then went away. Is this normal in early pregnancy? 

That's a question to be asking your OB-GYN doctor. Get an appt ASAP

No.

It is NOT normal.  It could be an indication of an ectopic pregnancy.   (tubal pregnancy).

You need to discuss these issues with your doctor ASAP so that they can make sure everything is alright.