Working two jobs?

Is working 2 jobs too stressful? I want the money but don’t wanna get burned out.

Thanks guys. I’m thinking about working one of these jobs abt 4 days a week and the other 2 days a week.

• depends on how physically demanding the jobs are and how many hours you get from them. Usually 2 part time jobs isn't too stressful to handle. 

How many hours?

I worked 50 hours a week 6 days when I was young because I wanted the money and also wanted to work my way up to a higher paying job. It did both.  But working 20 hours a week would have been easier.

• A.J.

Stress is as a person perceives it. There is a general common thinking about completing workload, responsibilities, and interacting with management. In this it depends upon which two jobs and average people.

The second issue is hours per week. There is usually time to get between jobs.

You need sufficient skills in time management, sufficient sleep, proper nutrition, and adequate personal time.

In my generation, Baby Boomers, 55 to 60 hours a week was considered OK for a job, and longer hours on occasion or under the right circumstances. Engineering job of 50 hours plus commute, and part time college degree advancement for four years was not rare. I did it, with excellent job performance and a 3.5/4.0 GPA in an MBA. I had no other obligations, and still went out weekend nights. I often purchased a nutritious dinner to reduce grocery shopping and cooking time. I knew proper food was important.

If 40+40 hours, 56 hours sleep, 12 travel and hygiene, 10 nutrition, 7 chores

7x24= 168 hours

40+40+56+12+10+7 = 165 hours

With only 3 hours a week, unplanned, to have personal time more than 1/2 hour a day you need to cut back on these estimates.

• Judy

Two full time jobs is a lot. Two part time is not over-working..

• Scott

I worked two jobs (1 FT, 1 PT) for a few years when our kids were young. The PT job was just working in a convenience store, so it was mostly mindless, not stressful at all.

It is stressful, but a lot of people does it. Just for a period of your life can be even a good experience though.

It's just similar to study and work at the same time.

i have a friend who used to have 2 jobs.   he has a regular workday job and he has a nighshift job.   he always looked tired and he talks like a zombie.   the money did not help him much.   Go to school and get a good job like a store manager.