What does my dream mean?

someone in the distance was burning alive, and I couldn't help it because I was drowning

• Rich

Wow. That is quiet a dream indeed.

The person burning is under God's judgment:

Isaiah 9:19Through the wrath of the Lord of hosts The land is burned up, And the people shall be as fuel for the fire; No man shall spare his brother.

The person drowning is going to be saved, for the water represents the Holy Spirit. Only if you die to yourself and your sins and allow the Holy Spirit to take over (the water takes over as you die to self when drowning), only then will you make it to heaven.

John 3:5Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Indeed, the day is coming when Jesus will separate the goat from the sheep, and the wheat from the tare. When that happens nobody will be able to help those who are burning. it will be too late for them.

The Lord says "repent of your sins every day" and "make sure you are ready to stand before him on a moments notice", and so we must live if we don't want to be like the person you saw burning.

Learn how to swim fast and rescue Joan of Arc!