My fiance is coming to usa on a work visa and we won't to get married. can we then get here status change like a fiance visa?

3 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    No. He will only have his employment visa as long as he works full-time for that employer, until the job ends or visa expires. You cannot apply for any fiancé visa while he is in US on the employment visa. That would be done IF you have developed an in-person relationship, plan to marry, and you meet requirements to apply for fiancé visa PRIOR to his entry to US.

    IF you marry in US while he is on a currently valid employment visa, you can file for Adjustment of Status. You will have to prove you earn enough to support self, all dependents, plus spouse. While awaiting Adjustment of Status, your spouse will have to continue abiding by all terms & conditions of that employment visa or return to his own country.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    If he's in the US on a work visa and you're qualified to sponsor him you should be able to do that without him having to leave the country for the processing.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

    My answer assumes you mean you > want < to get married and you are either a US citizen or a US Permanent Resident. Once the two of you are in the USA and your fiance/e is present on a long term visa (like a work visa) then you marry.  Once you are married you apply for an adjustment of status so they change from being in the USA on a visa to being in the USA as the spouse of a US citizen or US PR.

    Your fiance/e needs to say nothing when they enter the USA about planning to get married to a US citizen or US PR. When asked about the purpose of the trip they show the work visa 

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.