Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

am I a weirdo for visiting museums by myself?

I feel like a weirdo and the only one sometimes when I visit a museum since I always see people with someone or with their kids 

I always think people are thinking I must be a weirdo loner 

• galaxy

You go to the restroom or bathroom yourself I presume....nothing wrong with enjoying your own company.  Let ppl think what they want, you are not at the museum to analyze ppl anyway.  They will be history one day too! 

• Zirp

No. Even if you are with someone, chances are you won't be interested in the same ( parts of a) museum anyway

No.  Why would you think that?  I am a single man, and I am on the board of my local museum.  Other members are single as well.  In fact, I think we only have one who is married.

• no.................... I prefer to.... that way I can take my time with the things that really interest me... and not bother with some I am not interested in.....

• Piero

I've "picked up" some pretty impressive women while visiting museums alone.

• I care

First of all,  it is time to STOP worrying about what OTHER people feel. 

You enjoy these museums and keep doing it.  Sometimes ask a friend to go with you, and lunch after or something.  One just has to ask.  

It seems most of us go through that worry situation to a point,  but than we look around and see other people have many more issues, and just enjoy life and tours to the full-less...You sound very nice and please KNOW you are terrific. Just smile and learn to meet people easier as you keep attending all these events.

• Murzy

It's a good way to meet nice people.

no you are not. you are an individual who doesn`t need other people to be with to enjoy yourself

• No. Lucky you if you can visit museums do it Avery day

• Olive

No of course not

• Cogito

No - why would you think that?  I, and millions of others, often visit museums alone.