Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Why do people on YA give me a thumbs down?

If I say anything about having a little more than the average Joe in my response I get a thumbs down.  Why is that?  When I speak of my hard times or my plight in life no thumbs down.  I hardly ever get a thumbs up but I have been chosen as best answer one percent of the time.  Why is wealth and status frowned upon even though I don't have much.  Why aren't people happier for each other

Favorite Answer

It's the same with me, I get thumbed down all the time when there's nothing wrong with my answers... have you ever seen CarolOklaNola's answers? She sometimes gets thumbed down 10 times per answer. If she answers your question, keep an eye on the amount of thumbs downs she gets.

• Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Yes, he complains about people blocking other people, yet he has me blocked lol.
      The truth is I feel sorry for him because he obviously has severe psychiatric disorders and the only way he can feel good about himself is to come on this site to prove to everyone how disturbed he is

• .

There are no mind readers here. We can't tell you why anyone TDs or TUs answers without knowing the persons doing it or at least what it is you post. Some people will TU or TD every answer by certain users, regardless of content. Some will TU or TD every answer to a question, regardless of the quality of the answers. Perhaps your answers aren't relevant to the questions asked, since I can't think of many information-seeking questions that would require you to repeatedly state info about your 'hard times' or your 'wealth and status'.

I found that its never about the right answer that is chosen, instead the answer that ask-er find right are chosen!

I am happy when my answer get selected, as it pleases me that person finds my answer worthy and helpful.

There too many trolls and morons, who will try to discourage you, never give up!

• Daniel

Some people like to Thumb peoples Answers down for no good Reason As long as your Answer is Good I would not Worry to much about It

I have seen Answers that got Thumbed down get Picked as the Best Answer Before

We have to be patient,many of them do not understand our answers or maybe they have hatred towards others and use Yahoo website to appease their frustrations.We don't live by thumbs up o down,so on with life,we do not despair for this,thanks God we still have our daily bread and not because of their points.

• They get a thumb down for not being liked.  Making up stories as if they were real.  Trying to convince others that they know what they are saying because they use big words like a server computer.  I could write a book here just about one user.

Are your answers anything like your questions?

Long winded with irrelevant details.

Yada, yada, yada.

• LAN

Because braggarts and people that constantly post chat like you do are irritating.

• Goerge

I got lost in your question's details.

Why is wealth and status frowned upon

How would someone know your wealth and status and how would that correlate with a thumb down?

Why? 

Because there are trolls who enjoy offering thumb down. They don't even answer the question. 

Because they disagree with you. 

Because you're wrong. 

You get TD's either because you give bad answers or you aren't well liked on here. I don't understand why people take this site so seriously .