Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Is having coffee with a casual friend every 3-12 months enough healthy socializing for a female aged 40-60?

Have 3 “friends”

See them individually, they are casual friends, not good friends

Is this ok

“I care”

I am under 55 & not a senior.

Do not patronize me please.

I am not an idiot or religious

And I have anxiety so “groups” are not appropriate

• RP

The opinion of others should not matter. What does matter is what works best for you and your casual friend(s). Others may have different opinions, but the only opinions of consequence are yours and those of your friends.

Is having 3 casual friends you see so infrequently acceptable?  Only you can make that determination.  Given the option would you prefer having more contact?  Having more friends to choose from?

But it may not be ok to go so long between visits because the more time that goes by the more distance is created between you and that friend and distance tends to kill relationships not create them.  Soon you could find yourself with few friends and that isn't likely your goal.  Regardless the option to create more friendships exists to you every day and while you can use your anxiety as a reason why you can't make new relationships, you can also work to have it treated to overcome it enough to do so anyway.

• g

You get to decide what's okay with your acquaintances. I'm not sure why you're asking us.

i would want to see people more often to be honest

• I care

If you are questioning this,  than apparently you feel there should be much more happening?  If you can join ymca place and take up water exercise,  way to meet others.  There are Senior Centers also where more friends can be made by playing games or cards...Also church friends welcome a lunch out etc. sometimes....just start asking or promoting other ideas.....good luck.  

I guess if that's the only way to catch up with each other... not everyone is active on social media)

As long as you're happy with this I see no reason for it ot to be okay.