Anonymous

What does mexico’s country have to offer opposed to other countries ?

Hey everyone!!

Just a random question I’m currently having a debate with my friends because they’re being obnoxious in a sense that mexico is so horrible, culture less, & saying it has nothing unique to it. Comparing it to their countries like colombia & italy,etc. 

So my real question, what makes mexico pretty unique . Just like all countries we have amazing things to be proud of . It just sounds annoying that every time i mention something positive about my country mostly my Italian friends have negative things to reply or basically saying “ my country does that better.”

At the end of the day we should all appreciate all cultures and backgrounds, but i would love to educate myself a little more when it comes to mexico. It just sad many countries despise us, or think they’re better than eachother.

Favorite Answer

Mexico IS going through a very difficult period right now, but that doesn't erase the fact that it was the home to several advanced civilisations, it occupies a very diverse and beautifully scenic area, it has excellent ports on both the Atlantic and Pacific sides, it occupied a key position in the Spanish Empire for four hundred years, it was the site of one the most significant Christian religious miracles in the hemisphere, and it has the distinction of being the seat of the only branch of the Hapsburg imperial family to ever make it to the new world (for a little while).

Mexico's long train of governments since independence from Spain, unfortunately, does not inspire confidence - but in fairness it must be admitted that none of its Spanish or Portuguese-speaking neighbors can boast much better.  This is largely due to long-acting forces that have been at work across the hemisphere since Columbus' arrival, and is perhaps best understood by comparing the visions expressed by Simon Bolivar versus those expressed by George Washington.

These successive governmental shortcomings explain to a large degree Mexico's economic and political situation today, along with the problems of the drug industry and other sources of corruption.  It is not a tourist destination, at this point in time - but that doesn't mean that it has nothing to offer, or has no culture or history.  That assertion is simply absurd, (and is likely driven to some degree by simple chauvinism.)

The only thing Unique about Mexico is the indigenous cultures such as the Aztec and Mayan however your friends are right about Mexico being a horrible country. The drugs cartels are the goverment of Mexico. In Addition, it's also rank the most dangerous country for women, among the most corrupt, most violent and most obese.

Mexico is actually rich in all kinds of diff

Metal's w/which you could easily find out about

in a quick 0.5s Google web-search if ya truly 

cared ;|

............................................................