Law about staying in hospital after having baby?

I live in Georgia when my wife had a baby 4 years ago I noticed an ankle monitor on the baby and asked the nurse what is was for? She said to make sure no kne steals the baby and that we don't leave before being discharged. This pissed me off because I don't like being told what I have to do. Neither does my wife. We ended up staying 72 hours after the delivery. We frequented requested to leave but were denied even though there was no complications at all. Also because we were "young" 20& 22 at least one of us were required to watch a patenting video before being discharged even though we already had a child. My question is there any law that could have kept us from walking out the door? I feel multiple freedoms are infringed upon.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

What would stop YOU from walking out? YOU were never admitted. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can leave against medical advice but if something happens to your baby, the hospital can't be held responsible.   Do you want to take the risk?   There's more to this story.  Let's hear it.

• 1 month ago

There is no such law.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The rules are for the safety of the mother and the baby.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

women should go off into the wilderness and have their child, then bring it back and not bother the husband with such nonsense

• hamel5
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I kind of feel bad for your kids .

If this is a real question - you're ready to walk out against medical advice and too stubborn to watch an instructive video. Too ignorant to understand that the hospital doesn't want to get your kid mixed up with someone else or have an unauthorized person wald off with him or her.

But - no - there's no law preventing you from walking out AMA.

• 1 month ago

A simple Google search will tell you your answer. All the information is readily available. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.