Floyd asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Birth control?

My girlfriend takes birth control every day. She never forgets to take her pill. On our dates, she doubles on birth control. Should we still use condoms? I heard birth control is pretty strong if used properly but I'm sure if we should be double protected?

Update:

But we are not sure if we should be double protected.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

If they wanted  her to take two it would be prescribed that way. Take it as ordered

• Login to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

By saying "doubling up", are you saying that your girlfriend takes 2 birth control pills on the days you have a date and have sex?  That is completely unnecessary. 

All she has to do to be protected against pregnancy is take one pill every day, and no more than that. One pill every day prevents ovulation from ever happening; thus making pregnancy impossible. The pill, by itself, is your protection against pregnancy. It's not necessary to use condoms in addition to the pill, not for pregnancy prevention. 

• 1 month ago

Doubles on birth control?  That doesn't sound right.

• alan P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If by birth control you mean the combined pill then if she takes more than one pill a day how does she avoid running out before the normal 21 days are up? If she takes the pill according to the instructions then there is a less than 1% chance per year of her getting pregnant wihout pulling out or other protection.

If you just use the pill on it's own then there is very little chance of pregnancy but using a condom as well is not a bad idea if you want to be extra safe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

She should not be taking more than one pill per day. 

You should always use condoms. They will help decrease the chances of pregnancy and they will help decrease the chances of getting std's. Even if she is the only girl you have been with, you should still use them. It's a great habit to get into. 

• MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She's not taking her birth control correctly if she's overdosing every time you have sex.

Maybe try reading a book.

• :)
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I hope by double birth control, you mean a condom and her ONE pill for the day, and NOT her taking 2 pills in a day. Why would you ever double on birth control? That’s not the correct way to take it at all. Your girlfriend needs to be educated about taking the pills before she engages in sex again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.