Why do people seem to be scared of me?

It came to my attention when I noticed I started gaining less friends and becoming friends with a much rather weirder crowd. One of my old friends told me everyone used to be scared of me and says I'm mean to people and need to be nicer . Could that be a reason? I don't see what I'm doing as mean to anyone. My date even said I seem really cold and mean but she said she feels safe around me. I must admit, I do feel defensive out in public and must always stay in the corner or have my back against the wall to watch my surroundings. I do not trust anyone. I believe you should never trust anyone not even family and that everyone has some type of machination against you. Also, I was incarcerated from age 15 to 18. Could that be a reason why people see me as scary because I have a somewhat jail/prison mentality

I’m scared of Arabs

I wouldnt be afraid of you. I would probably scare you 

• Dodger1 month agoReport

Nothing is to be feared. Lose the illusion of fearing death and you will fear  nothing. 

That's "fewer" friends, not "less" friends.  Try being nicer to people.

• Dodger1 month agoReport

Thanks for the education.