Why are most employers really good liars?

Instead of saying "You're ******* weird, go away." They say "I'll call you." and use the 'I forgot' excuse

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Giving deceptions' is a way to avoid getting themselves in trouble.

• Login to reply the answers
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Lying is a condition of employment at their company.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They don't want to waste their time talking to someone they aren't going to hire. They don'e owe you a job or a reason why they aren't going to hire you.

• 1 month ago

Generally it's I'll call you (if you got the job).  If you don't hear from them, then you continue your job search.  Which is what you should be doing anyway.  The world doesn't revolve around you.  There's hundreds of job seekers for each job.  That's just the way it is.  Sorry 'bout that.   

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Being professional means you don't cut down people verbally or on the phone.

If they say they'll call you, wait for the call. If they don't call, give a query call asking if you're still being considered. They'll let you know a yes or no on it then.

• 1 month ago

For me, I always said,"I'll call you by Friday such in such time. I have more interviews". If you called after I didn't, I then decided if I wanted to go through the bs of the truth. Most the time I would tell you it was down to 2, or 3 others and I chose someone with..........[whatever I valued in them}. If it doesn't work out, I'll get back to you. The reason for lying is plain and simple, negative reports from previous employers or personal references would cause a he said, she said. Plus when I spoke it was always confidentially.

My reputation was beyond approach. I used to call competing suppliers about customers if their customer called me out of the blue. All 10 times this resulted in finding out they were behind on their bills and didn't want to pay cash.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.