What is to be done to receive the divorce or anulment  i being separated from 10 years ?


What do they want for me.i mean in order to receive divorce from Court if i am separated of 10 years ?

Shouldn t i receive an identiti card bew with my own name as divorced ?what more do or must i do ?

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Don't you ever get bored posting this over and over and over.  Allow me to play along.

    "They" want proof you've been LEGALLY SEPARATED.  That means that a copy of the Separation Agreement MUST have been filed with the Court.  Living apart without an Agreement is meaningless.

    Your married name and your divorced name remain the same UNLESS you request the Court to allow you to resume a previous name.  No, Divorce Court doesn't hand out ID cards.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

    You have to file for divorce with the court in your town.

    • Judith
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

      Not true.  Divorce is a State matter (in the US), not heard by a "Town Court."

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Tepee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You need an attorney to petition the court.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.