Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Husband wants sex I’m sick with flu?

My husband and I generally have a very good sex life. Yesterday, I was diagnosed with the flu for the first time in my life. (Yes, we both had the flu shot.) It’s been AWFUL. I can barely hold my phone up to type this. My husband has been wonderful but every few hours he’s been pestering me for sex or some form of foreplay. I’ve been sweating non stop, I have absolutely NO interest in sex or anything romantic right now. He slept in the guest room last night and was not happy about it. I can’t help but feel guilty that I’m not up for pleasing my man. Any advice? My head is throbbing, arms and legs hurt, I keep coughing. I’m so miserable! I’ve never in my life had the flu.

• Amelia
    Favorite Answer

Why would you feel guilty about turning him down when you have the flu? Tell him you're really sick and to please stop pestering you until you've gotten better.

He s very obnoxious.   I had a husband like that and I divorced him.  Don t feel guilty for being sick, it isn t your fault.  He needs to become much more sensitive, considerate, thoughtful and it sounds like he has no empathy for you.

Source(s): Life
  • Your husband could use more self control. It is your body and you should tell him to stop to pestering you. Make sure he is well aware. If he does not honor it, you are being shown who he really is. Do not feel bad. A good relationship should be about genuinely caring for the other, and not pleasing himself or self gratification. He could aid you back to good health with medication, natural treatments, orange juice, massage or something.

• if you're truly sick then just compromise and give him a handy dandy until you're well. 

Sweating is good for breaking a fever. You COULD just lay on your side and tell him to get himself some but he had to move slowly and be gentle, no need in him shaking your head.

Ridiculous position for your husband to put you in. Is he the sort to think that you "should" be having sex with him again a week after giving birth? A good sex life need not entail incredible selfishness. Your husband might be wonderful but from THIS question he seems like a jerk.

My wife hardly ever refuses sex so that if she does there is a very good reason.  In reality I need to be more perceptive and if I think that there is anything wrong I must automatically provide whatever space and support that she needs without her asking. There is no reason to feel guilty. 

• Tepee

It's stupid of him to risk catching your flu virus.

Just open your legs and let him penetrate till he shoots his load and it's all over before you even know it.

• Jerry

He's in the wrong and selfish; you're sick, he can wait for a few days...