Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 3 months ago

Why didn't this work (skipping BC bleed)?

So I have heard that if you are on combination BC pills, you can choose to skip your break through bleed if you want to. I've heard all you have to do is skip the week 4 placebos and just go straight into week 1 of your next pack. I have tried this twice in two different ways and neither worked. I still had spottong. 

The first time I tried it, I did it exactly as directed. When it was time to start the first day (Sunday) of week 4, I just started day one (Sunday) of the first week in my new pack. At first, it seemed to work. I always start my spotting/bleed a couple days into week 4 and I wasn't seeing anything. Then the very next day, I began having pinkish spotting. It seriously continued for over a month. It didn't stop until I completed my bleed for the next month.I did some research and seen a "hack" that said you can take one or two placebos, then go until your new pack. I tried that about 5 months after I had tried skipping the first time around. It didn't work at all. It was better than the first time I tried, but still failed. I took Sunday's placebo only, then started week 1 of my new pack. I then started spotting on the exact day I normally do. The spotting was better than the first time (tannish instead of pinkish) and only lasted 6-7 days instead of over a month. I was just wondering why skipping hasn't worked for me though. How can some females on BC do it without any issues, yet I still get spotting?

The first time I tried skipping, it was literally the very first time I had ever tried to. I had been on BC over a year and had taken all my pills each month at the same time (give or take a couple minutes sometimes). I decided to try to skip just to see if it was true and would work. It was rather disappointing to learn it wasn't effective for me. I'm kind of jealous of the girls who can skip their bleeds without issue lol I was hoping I could too.

Wow human females are "women"? No way! I never would have guessed! Anyhow, I'm a little scared to try a new pill due to potential side effects. I haven't had an bad effects with these. I have only had "issues" the two times I tried to skip my bleed.

• :)
    Favorite Answer

I guess it is what it is then. I’m not on the combo pill anymore, but when I was, I would go 2, sometimes 3 months without bleeding because I skipped my placebos. Perhaps you can ask your gyno if a dosage adjustment or a brand switch needs to be made.

• MissA

Human females are called "women." Just FYI. Since you appear to think of us as failed robots.

Continual suppression of your period means using medications to fight against your body. If you don't pick the right medication your odds are lowered, and frankly your body is pretty intelligent and is going to try to do what it wants anyway.

If you want to stop having bleeds you can actually communicate with whoever prescribes your pill and say "I'd like to not menstruate." There are pills and regimens designed for this.

• MissA

And OP?  If you are unwilling to use the word “woman” for yourself you should maybe consider why it is you don’t view yourself as a human being.